You don’t worry about the things you don’t have. You just don’t.
- I don’t worry about cancer because (as far as I know!) I don’t have it
- I don’t worry about my Lamborghini Diablo because my only car (a Honda Odyssey) is running just fine
- I don’t worry about the million bucks I don’t have, I stress about the few thousand I do
- I don’t worry about my wife discovering the mistress I don’t have
- I don’t worry about my financial holdings, my future at my company, or my reputation in my community because I don’t have any of those things
- I have hopes and dreams, but my worry extends only as far as the limit of those dreams
You don’t worry about the things you don’t have. You worry about the things you do have. Which leads me to an interesting question:
If we only worry about things we already have, why do we worry about our salvation?
Or said another way:
The moment I worry whether or not I have salvation through Christ, I have confirmation that I’m already saved.
What are your thoughts?